This Mastodon instance is a closed, invite only community with allow-list based federation.
Wondering what Mastodon is? Check out joinmastodon.org! In essence, Mastodon is a decentralized, open source social network.
Instance artwork, including our mascot, provided by @firstname.lastname@example.org
This instance uses the following additional emoji sets:
Code of Conduct
We try to handle moderation ASAP, but we may not see reports for several hours. We will get to all reports though!
We're not free speech absolutists. We're not interested in Nazis, TERFS, or hate speech of any sort, which we will define at our sole discretion as moderators.
This instance is meant to be a friendly, welcoming space to all members who are willing to reciprocate in helping to create that environment.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of puppy.cafe; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, immigration status, religion, or other identity marker. This includes anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of "dead" or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they're not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like "hug" or "backrub") without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate "outing" of any aspect of a person's identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
- Jokes that resemble the above, such as "hipster racism", still count as harassment even if meant satirically or ironically.
- Microaggressions, which take the form of everyday jokes, put downs, and insults that spread humiliating feelings to people of marginalized groups
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
Content Warnings and Sensitive Images
Content Warnings (CWs) are a feature of Mastodon that enable you to hide the body of a "toot" (post) behind a line of text. The intended use of this feature is to provide a way to discuss sensitive and/or potentially harmful topics without causing duress or harm to anyone who might stumble upon it, though it may be used for many other things.
Images can be marked as sensitive; this is a feature which hides an image until a warning banner is clicked. Images may be marked as sensitive separately from Content Warnings, though using a Content Warning automatically marks the toot's images as sensitive.
Clearly communicated and accurately labeled content warnings and sensitive image settings are required when having public conversations involving any of the following topics or content:
- Sexual or Adult content
- Detailed descriptions of harassment as outlined above in the definitions of harassment
- Political Commentary of any kind
- Drugs or Drug Use
- Advertisements for Corporations
- "Rage" toots and Toots using exclusively capital letters
- Excessively Long Toots (longer than ~15-20 lines)
This instance is administered by the site owner, @bowie. Additional moderation support provided by:
This instance is funded in part by Patreon donations.
This page most recently updated on 2 November 2020
Borrowed and modified from the mastodon.social instance information as well as the friend.camp instance Code of Conduct.
This Code of Conduct was assembled by David Wolfpaw and provided under a Creative Commons Zero License.
The data you post here lives on a server that David Wolfpaw runs. He promises that he won't look at your private data.
This is an ActivityPub federated server. This means that other people on other federated servers can find you, send you messages, etc. This also means that any information you put in posts, whether they are public or private, might end up "federated" -- basically, a copy of your post gets put on any server that reads your post.
Once you start talking to people on other servers, all bets are off. Any private message you send to someone on another server could be looked at by the admin of a different server. This is kind of like email: if you are on a private email server, and you send an unencrypted email to a gmail account, congrats, Google now has the content of that email. But also, you do this every day, so, hey. The internet!